Leigh Academies Trust is a non-profit making charitable company limited by guarantee, based in Strood, Medway. The Trust exists to support and assist schools to build upon their existing strengths and to help them achieve rapid educational transformation. It has significant experience in running schools, and today includes both sponsored academies and schools which have chosen to convert to Academy status.
The Trust was formed in 2008 with the linking of the Leigh Technology Academy and Longfield Academy under one governing body. It encompasses 12,000 students between the ages of 2 and 19 in eighteen primary, secondary and special academies.
Shaping Lives, Transforming Communities.
We care – about our pupils through our human scale approach to education, our staff and their well-being and the communities that we serve, driven by our high ideals and strong moral values.
We have boundless ambition – to achieve excellence for all and create confident young adults with high levels of resilience and integrity.
We work together – as one team in the belief that we are greater than the sum of our parts. We foster an enterprising culture through collaboration and in close partnership with industry and other educators.
We keep getting better – using our ‘can-do’ attitude towards continuous improvement and innovation.
- We will provide outstanding leadership and governance at every level so that all pupils attend an academy judged to be at least good overall by Ofsted.
- We will ensure a rich, engaging and inclusive curriculum with effective teaching and high-quality learning resources across all subjects and year groups.
- Regardless of their ability or personal circumstances we will ensure that all groups of pupils make at least good progress and diminish differences in their attainment.
- We will develop pupils’ characters and attributes in line with the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile so that all LAT alumni obtain a collection of desirable qualities before they leave school.
- We will ensure that pupils are well-behaved, confident and respectful in a safe and secure environment.
- We will ensure a high-quality workforce and prioritise staff retention, professional development and well-being.
- Through our “Business Promise” we will guarantee strong engagement for all pupils with industry and employers.
- We will provide all pupils with a high-quality careers learning programme.
- We will grow to support more schools in the region so that our pupils and theirs benefit and that standards improve across the board.
- We will work with our own and other primaries to ensure smooth transition to our secondary academies.
- Expert central services for finance, HR, IT, facilities and business functions.
- Innovative approaches to teacher recruitment and retention.
- Fast track development of leaders for internal promotion opportunities.
- Central reserves protect individual school budgets.
- Substantial investment in cross-Trust initiatives to improve teaching and learning.
- Close collaboration between senior leaders across the Trust.
- Integration of primary and secondary approaches into all-through education.
- Adequate scale to design and test new delivery models as government policies, rules and measures change.
- High quality strategic governance with wide business and professional experience.