Leigh Academies Trust is a non-profit making charitable company limited by guarantee, based in Dartford, Kent. The Trust exists to support and assist schools to build upon their existing strengths and to help them achieve rapid educational transformation. It has significant experience in running schools, and today includes both sponsored academies and schools which have chosen to convert to Academy status.
The Trust was formed in 2008 with the linking of the Leigh Technology Academy and Longfield Academy under one governing body. It encompasses 10,000 students between the ages of 3 and 19 in fourteen primary, secondary and special academies. A new free school, The Leigh UTC, opened in Dartford in September 2014.
The Leigh Academies Trust Motto is Shaping Lives, Transforming Communities.
Leigh Academies Trust Vision and Values
What we stand for:
- High ideals, strong moral values and boundless ambition to achieve excellence for all;
- Strong collaboration and teamwork so that we are much greater than the sum of our parts.
What we value:
- A ‘can-do’ attitude towards continuous improvement and innovation;
- Creating confident young adults with high levels of resilience and integrity.
What makes us distinctive:
- Small-school, ‘human-scale’ education to personalise the educational experience;
- An enterprising culture to create close partnerships with industry and other educators.
- Expert central services for finance, HR, IT, facilities and business functions.
- Innovative approaches to teacher recruitment and retention.
- Fast track development of leaders for internal promotion opportunities.
- Central reserves protect individual school budgets.
- Substantial investment in cross-Trust initiatives to improve teaching and learning.
- Close collaboration between senior leaders across the Trust.
- Integration of primary and secondary approaches into all-through education.
- Adequate scale to design and test new delivery models as government policies, rules and measures change.
- High quality strategic governance with wide business and professional experience.