Meet the Talent Team at Leigh Academies Trust
Once we have discussed your options we will normally invite you along to one of our open evenings, teacher training preview days or to individual appointment to discuss your options in more detail.
After an initial phone conversation, we will invite you along to one of our academies for a more in-depth discussion. These appointments will normally last an hour and during that time we will discuss the training process as well as give you a tour of one of our academies. We can also use this appointment to address any questions you may have had since our initial discussion. You will be asked to bring a CV with you to use as a basis for the discussion.
What will be discussed in your first meeting?
- The reasons why you want to be a teacher
- Your education history to assess your eligibility
- The routes that are available to you
- How to obtain school experience
- The timeline and deadlines for applications
- The application process (including UCAS, interview, skills tests etc)
- The support that we can offer throughout the process.
At our information evenings, you will find out about Leigh Academies Trust and how to train to become a teacher. Our information evenings are a fantastic opportunity to meet some of our academy leaders as well as our training provider, Kent & Medway Training. We will soon be hosting an event in October 2018- check our pages regularly for more information. Make sure you have registered your details to be kept informed about new events.