Start your career with us and the sky’s the limit
You may be on your way to completing your training year or have already passed. Either way, we’d like to hear from you! As a newly qualified teacher you’re likely to be looking for an organisation that can not only support your first few years, but also be somewhere where the sky’s the limit. Having spent time studying the latest teaching techniques it is logical that you want to put these skills into practice, which is exactly what you will have the opportunity to do at the Trust.
Leigh Academies Trust prides itself on being one of the most innovative and collaborative Trusts in the UK and from day one, you will get the support you need to make a positive start with your career and progress at a speed that is appropriate to you. We welcome NQTs into our academies in all subjects and Key Stages. We work tirelessly to ensure you have the very best start to your career, providing you with support every step of the way throughout your NQT year and beyond to ensure you continue to progressing and evolving as a Teacher.
Let us take this opportunity to stress the key benefit of working for our Trust is the opportunity to build strong working relationships with your colleagues; whether this be within your specific academy or those in the local area. Collaboration is encouraged across all specialisms, positions, key stages and schools.
Our NQTs meet regularly to share best practice, receive training and guidance from senior and experienced staff members, and also from external organisations such as Kent Teach, Unions, industry experts to name a few.
To demonstrate our support we can offer the following benefits to NQTs who apply to us directly:
- A welcome pack of resources to help you start a bank of material for your classroom, textbooks, stationery…
- An invitation to join our NQT Event during the Summer bringing all fellow NQTs together across the Trust to develop a strong support network with colleagues
- Where possible, we may be able to offer you the opportunity to start in July, giving you the chance to settle into your new role and classroom prior to September, allowing you to fully relax over the Summer break knowing everything is in hand!
- Continuing training and mentoring from a subject specialist throughout your NQT year so you feel fully supported in all aspects of teaching
- The opportunity to progress within our Trust at your own pace with the full support of our academies – we successfully identify talent and will work with you to achieve your goals
Apply today to join LAT as an NQT
The next step will be to register your details with us by clicking here. You can also register for job alerts, allowing you to keep up to date with opportunities to work for us. We can also arrange informal yet informative tours and meetings in our academies so that by the time you come to interview, it’s in a familiar setting and you’ll see staff who you recognise and come to know well.
If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Team; email@example.com / 01634 412 240.
We wish you all the best for your NQT year and hope to work with you in the future.