Due to open in September 2020, Bearsted Primary Academy will become the latest addition to the highly successful Leigh Academies Trust (LAT), joining four other LAT primary academies in the Maidstone area, and a further four LAT primary academies across Kent and South East London.
Executive Principal’s Welcome
Our vision is to create a school community which is vibrant and pioneering. We want our children’s primary school experience to be an unforgettable and inspirational journey where they are nurtured and valued.
We intend to make every moment count through an enriched and innovative curriculum that extends beyond the physical classroom and school day. Every child will have the opportunity to explore and develop their strengths and participate in new learning experiences.
Our Aims are:
- To strive for academic excellence, ensuring all children progress to reach their full potential and use their experiences as the foundations for future success.
- To create a rich, vibrant and innovative curriculum which engages and motivates children. They will develop the skills of entrepreneurialism and adaptability to prepare them for their future. Real-life projects with exciting outcomes will make learning fun whilst also providing them with unforgettable experiences. Children will also be given opportunities to develop their talents and interests in academic subjects, the arts and sports.
- To develop a respect for each other and expect exceptional behaviour ensuring all children feel safe and happy. Every child will be treated fairly, equally and feel included in a caring community. Children will be proud of who they are and proud to be part of a school that embraces diversity and encourages individuality.
- To ensure we provide outstanding teachers who will teach exciting and inspiring lessons and ensure all children to make excellent progress. Children will enjoy being challenged, be confident to take risks and persevere in their learning. Ambition will be encouraged and achievements will be celebrated.
- Parents will be welcomed and involved in school life. Staff will work in partnership with parents to ensure that children reach their full potential. Excellent communication with parents will keep them well-informed of their children’s progress.
The children will remain at the heart of every decision we make as we move forward and we will ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and in the future.
I look forward to working with you to ensure our dreams and aspirations become the reality of tomorrow. Please scroll down to view the proposed academy building plans, and check back for regular updates over the coming months as plans develop.
Location and Building Plans
Initial plans for Bearsted Primary Academy are provided here but may be subject to change at this stage. The academy will be located on the site indicated below, on Bearsted Road. To view more detailed plans, or to express your opinion regarding the plans for the build, please visit www.bearstedandsnowfieldsplans.co.uk.
Expressions of Interest
If you would be interested in sending your child to Bearsted Primary Academy, please express your interest in doing so by sending an email to Jo.Johnson@latrust.org.uk.
If you are interested in securing a role within Bearsted Primary Academy, please email our Recruitment and Talent team at Leigh Academies Trust: Olivia.Couzins@latrust.org.uk.
If you have any queries relating to Bearsted Primary Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.